The WISH Fund
The PTO WISH Fund
The PTO WISH Fund reflects ISH’s mission statement of empowering students through thoughtful action, by awarding grants of between 10 and 250 Euros to student-led initiatives and projects.
We are looking for initiatives and projects that will benefit ISH students or the local community either through a service learning activity or as part of the wider IB profile. They should supplement and/or complement existing educational programs with a view to:
- Promote cultural sensitivity and celebrate ISH’s diversity;
- Promote an awareness of and engagement in community service; and,
- Enhance classroom environments or the school grounds for the benefit of all current and future students.
Group or class project ideas include, among others:
- Supporting a clean water initiative for children in Malawi;
- Building an ant farm or butterfly house or some other way of enhancing the classroom environment;
- Buying equipment such as clothing, gloves and rubbish bags for a local environment clean-up day;
- Buying materials to publicise a fundraising project or event such as a Bake Sale;
- Buying equipment to enhance common areas in the Upper School such as a Fuβball or Air Hockey Table; and/or,
- Supporting a local organization, event, project or cause to enhance ISH’s external community relations.
Application forms must be submitted by email by the 10th of each month. Please include 'Grant Application' in the Subject line.
The first cycle of funding will have a closing date of 10th November 2018.
The last cycle for this academic year will have a closing date of 10th April 2019.
Please contact Carolyn Horton, the PTO Grants Chair, via email at email@example.com with questions.
Download the WISH Fund Grant Guidelines by clicking here.
Download the WISH Fund Grant Application form by clicking here.