The International School of Helsinki is a full member of the Central and Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA), which allows ISH Middle and High School Students to take part in various CEESA competitions, events and tournaments.
CEESA (Central and Eastern European Schools Association) organizes a good variety activities and athletics events from which to choose. The association seeks to facilitate the development of each student through academic, athletic and artistic/cultural endeavors.
The goals for CEESA activities and athletics are to:
- Encourage intercultural cooperation
- Develop a sense of fair play
- Understand principles of group participation and individual responsibility
- Develop a sense of self-control and discipline
- Understand the importance of participation to the best of one's abilities
- Broaden horizons through travel
- Encourage socialization
- Encourage student and programme exchanges between CEESA schools
Upper school students may take part in a variety of CEESA and other international events each school year. These include various sporting events, such as football (soccer), basketball and volleyball tournaments, as well as the annual Tallinn Friendly Olympics.
Each year ISH also hosts two CEESA events and several local or regional tournaments.