ISH is always looking to recruit great teachers. We are looking for people who can inspire students, teachers that are forward thinking and colleagues who want to work collaboratively.
To be considered for teaching/educational assistant positions at the International School of Helsinki all applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Minimally a Bachelor's Degree in Education (Master's Degree preferred)
- Teacher Certification/License
- Minimally two full years of teaching experience post degree and certification (PYP, MYP and DP experience preferred). This is applicable to teaching positions.
Candidate chosen for any position will need to present a clean criminal background check.
Current Open Positions:
The school is seeking an Accounting and Business Assistant
The Accounting and Business Assistant will be a member of the Business Office team and report to the Business Manager.
- Process accounts payable and receivables (osto- ja myyntireskontra)
- Carry out invoicing
- Assist in bookkeeping and HR tasks
- Support everyday business operations, including handling insurance and KELA issues, contacting authorities when necessary, managing filing systems
- Assist families and staff members with their questions
- Coordinate foreign-hire apartment needs
- Willingness to undertake additional tasks to support the functioning of the Business Office
- Degree and experience in accounting/bookkeeping (ie: merkonomi / tradenomi tutkinto)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a flexible, customer-service approach
- Good knowledge of the Finnish Accounting Act, labour legislation and other applicable laws
- Excellent ICT skills, experience working with Netvisor or a similar accounting program would be appreciated
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Finnish mother tongue level, excellent English
- Part of a forward-thinking, dynamic educational institution
- Working in a social and international environment
- Supportive team where professional growth is encouraged
- Role with diverse task
The position is 4 days/week, and is a maternity leave replacement until 4.12.2019
For further information contact Bronwen Scott 0400 382 781. All interested applicants should email a letter of application, CV and salary request to BronwenS@ishelsinki.fi no later than October 31, 2018.
Extract of criminal record as requested in § 3 Law of working with children, must be presented by applicant chosen for the position.
We are always looking for qualified teacher substitutes. If you are willing to be a substitute, please indicate this when you fill out our database below.
- - - - - -
If you would like to register your interest in working at ISH, please take the time to leave your professional details with us by clicking the link below. We do check this database regularly when we are looking for specific positions to fill:Employment Opportunities